1. For average 4WD use give the compressor three or four pumps of Castro! APX-T Bearing Grease or equivalent when vehicle is serviced.
2. For heavy use, i.e. mobile service vehicle or agricultural machinery, do the above weekly or monthly depending on level of use.
3. If the compressor is used without a receiver (tank), a safety valve must be included in the delivery line with a tee. This avoids the possibility of dangerously high pressure being present.
4. If the compressor is used with a receiver, the line between the compressor and the receiver must be run in hi-temp hose (6mm or 10mm) with a nonrerum valve fitted at the receiver end. The receiver must also be fitted with a safety valve to avoid the possibility of a dangerously high pressure occurring in the receiver. The clutch on the compressor must be controlled by a pressure switch (fixed or adjustable) installed so as to read the pressure in the receiver. It can be fitted directly to the receiver or down stream from receiver.
NB. The compressors are packed with 140gms of grease in our workshop.
1. Mount compressor to line up with the fan belt or air conditioner belt and fit appropriate length vee belt. Alternatively, position so as to line up with spare vee on main crank shaft pulley or separate spare vee on air conditioner pulley and fit separate vee belt. See catalog for mounting kits. If mounting kit is used, position and alignment will be taken care of.
2. With compressor mounted and belt fitted, drill 13 mm hole in underside of vehicle air filter and fit hose connection using a locknut. Cut sufficient 8mm hose to connect to “sue” side of compressor.
3. Mount air manifold on vehicle fire wall or other appropriate position. Run 6mm Hi Temp Hose from “dis” side of compressor to air receiver. Unlike other compressors with a much smaller output the output of this compressor must be run through at least 2m of 6mm Hi Temp Hose. Run 8mm hose from receiver to manifold. Note: Hi Temp Hose is to be kept clear of other engine fittings due to the heat of this tube.
4. Fit quick release outlet to air manifold to accept air hose fitting.
5. Electrical connection must be made from an IGN fuse on fuse board to on/off switch and via pressure switch to compressor clutch using 1.5mm cable.
6. Fit pressure switch to receiver to provide automatic operation of compressor electric clutch.
7. Compressor must be lubricated at regular intervals (5000 km) and when it is going to be used a lot, i.e. sand driving etc. Use a hi-temp multi purpose grease.
Use CASTROL LMX lithium grease or equivalent